Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The End of March

2238 3/31/10

End of March whoo!! That’s about as exciting as today was.

Pretty much spun my wheels at work today. The information is there, I’m sure of it, I’m just having to crawl through tons of websites, most of which are not in English and try and find this small tidbit of info that I need. So I got a little bit done, just not as much as I had wanted.

Ate lunch with the Frenchies at the Mao, all fun and Frenchy, and my bum got wet cause the ground was still a little moist from yesterday… ya that’s about it.

O so fun story. Toilet has been clogged for about… o maybe a week and half to two weeks now. I’ve broken two plungers thus far, and the good one I finally bought hasn’t done the trick. Not only that but they sent someone out about four days ago who temporarily fixed it but it was back to being clogged the next day.
So today I had it and went down to once again see if they could get it fixed.

An hour later I had a very angry Chinese guy yelling at me. But on the bright side I solved the mystery of the missing tea filter mesh that disappeared from one of my water bottles. Apparently I had been cleaning it and it somehow found its way into the toilet where it got flushed. How this all happened, I have no idea. Anyways now my toilet is happy, and mysteries have been solved, I think Scooby and the gang would be proud.

Tokkie sent me the contact information for my language partner, her name is Ye and we’ve conversed mostly via e-mail today. I think we’ll probably get together sometime around Sunday. She seems very sweet, and her English is pretty good. She’s a native Shanghainess so hopefully she’ll be able to show me some cool place around Shanghai, if nothing else it’ll be nice to just have someone to talk to about the city with.

Yerim and I got to chat today, which was nice. We’ve both be a little gloomy recently and it was comforting to talk with each other. In a lot of way we’re really similar and yet very different at the same time. But she seems very sweet and hopefully she’ll turn out to be a good friend.

Last thing on my list to talk about today is this awesome e-mail I just got from my boss.

“Dear Kevin,
I think it would be a good idea if we got the entire executive management team of the company together to discuss your research, when will you be able to present?
Your boss.”

As much as this freaks me out I’m actually really excited. I asked to have the meeting this Friday, which gives me all tomorrow to prepare. I think I just like the fact that I finally have something to challenge me, and I’ll either come out shining like a star or covered in poo. During my walk tonight I got a lot of it worked out and I think I’m going to go ahead and do this power point presentation and everything. Up until now I’ve been super chill when it comes to talking with my boss and the CEO but this actually gives me a good opportunity to be put in front of new faces and really show off my more professional side.

With that I’m off to bed, I’m going to need to roll up my sleeves tomorrow in order to get this thing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment