Thursday, March 25, 2010

Holy Crap This Marketing Project Just Got a Lot Harder

2300 3/25/10 and I should have skipped the blog today cause I really need the sleep, but I know if I do it’ll be easier to skip the next time as well.

Do you realize how many transit systems exist in the world? A lot, and by a lot I mean I’m just trying to focus on the top ones and that list is 136; which doesn’t sound so bad until you start looking for a very specific, not very useful to anyone else, piece of information. The information may exist somewhere but the real question is does it exist in English. Needless to say the marketing research has now become quite daunting.

I sit down with the CEO tomorrow to talk about my research and receive my next assignment. FML

I’ll talk about that tomorrow, maybe. My friends want to go out to the club tomorrow so I might just pass out once I get back.

After work I decided to meet up with Antoine to go shoe shopping at a fake market, which I thought was one that was more… well less white. Well turns out he was talking about going to the one that the group had already gone to and that I loathed. Sadly I didn’t find this out till I was already at people’s square and I didn’t want to get all the way out there and then not at least do something. So instead I went out exploring. Nothing special, I just walked around the square for a bit, saw a street that lacked white people and turned down it.
The walk was kind of nice actually, cool but not miserable. And Shanghai’s beauty really comes out at night. The street was also nice, kind of like the accompanying Chinese neighborhood next to the square that obviously was not meant for the normal tourist. I thought about poking around a bit more, but I knew I needed to get back so I just walked and enjoyed the sights.

I also got to try out my “new” MP3 player, and this one is so much better than the last. And by that I mean it’s the exact same player, it just happens to work. I guess the last one was defective, and we’ll see if I can still listen to music on this one once a month goes by.

Note to Booz: Piece of advice, always wear headphones, even if they’re not actually connected to a player. It’s so convenient to just be able to pretend to ignore people simply because they’ll assume you can’t hear them.

After I got back I tried out my hookah for the first time, went ok… except the foil I was able to find is super thin so the tobacco burned, but at least the thing works as expected and it’ll just take some fine tuning on my part to make it enjoyable. Having to get the coals though is a bit of a trick. I’ve got to go to the kitchen, turn on their gas stoves, hold the charcoal over it, get them going, and then make the trek back to my room. We’ll see how long this’ll last before I have a landlord pounding at my door. But the view from my balcony is very nice, and it’s just really nice way to relax at the end of the day. In short the “risk” is less than the reward.

Afterwards I hung out in the hall with the German kids and Clement. Our topics ranged from New Orleans, to French people being genetically born wine experts, how hard becoming a doctor is compared to an engineer, and “hey doesn’t this wine taste more like juice?

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment