Friday, March 26, 2010

First phase of research is completed

2001 3-26-10

Alright kiddies I have to write this one sooner than normal because we’re going out tonight, and then waking up super early tomorrow.

So today actually went much better than I had expected. I made good progress on my research and my presentation to the CEO and my boss went well. I now get to start “making” (in reality I’m suggesting but we’ll just ignore that) strategic decisions about which markets to enter into. So I’m taking all the work I’m doing and then not even using most of it, that’s just how it goes.

Anyways so I finally start get to start doing real strategy and I’m really excited because this is the stuff I truly love to do. Is this market large enough to support our product? How many do we need to implement in order to break even? Do we have any competition in the market? Is it even legal to do this in that country? Is this a cash or credit society? Etc.

So that was my day mostly. Oh! I guy from work brought in an Xbox360 to set up in the conference room for “after work hours.” I could literally feel my productivity slipping down the drain. Such are the temptations of life.

So now I’m about to take off and go to the bar when a few friends. When I get back from our trip tomorrow I’ll let ya know if anything interesting happened.

“What trip?”

O that’s right, around 8:00 we’re meeting downstairs and we’re going to hope on a bus for some small city near Shanghai. We’re just going for the day and it only cost me 40RMB so I decided to go. Hopefully we won’t be out to late, but I have a feeling it’ll be a long bus ride.

Hope everyone is doing well, if you haven’t talked to me in a while you should definitely e-mail or comment on the blog.  I feel like I talk to some people all the time and others I haven't heard from in ages.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog! and I have no idea what your e-mail us but considering we have facebook I guess that's not really necessary. But. nothing's really going on over here and i'd much rather read about your exciting life than tell you about how boring mine is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW thanks Hayley, how was Paris? My friends have asked me to come and visit them so we should make plans to go, we'll have to swing by Lyon as well.

    Take of yourself and keep JW in check. ^_^

    Can't wait to hang out with yall again, as much as I love Shanghai it's empty with out yall.

    ReplyDelete