Friday, March 5, 2010

They call me Megabite

This was written offline at 2330 3/4/2010.
Hayley may be the only person that has a chance in hell of understanding that title. :P

It’s interesting to me how when you’re studying abroad the simplest tasks become major achievements. For example this morning I got up pretty early (around like 6ish) to go get some water and toothpaste. After setting out I finally found a convenience store that was open and make the purchase, and man did I feel good about that. The only down side was that one of the bottles I bought had its lid screwed up and leaked if it was on its side. O well.

Today the class took a guided tour around Shanghai, reminding me how awesome Shanghai is and how much I hate being part of a tour. Being part of a tour group just never was very fun to me. Luckily my class mates made it awesome. They’re teaching me conversational French with useful words like “a poil” (spelling may be wrong, I’ll correct later). It’s a lot of fun and their English has already started improving. I think we’re going to go to Beijing sometime during the summer and hopefully Booz will be able to meet them.

After our tour we went out to the bar and just generally enjoyed ourselves. Classes start tomorrow though so it wasn’t for very long but one of the girl’s birthdays is tomorrow (I call her Cam) and this Saturday we’ll be celebrating for a long time.

Anyways sorry this is so short but I have to get some sleep, Shane is taking me out on the town tomorrow after class and I need some rest.

4 comments:

  1. haha. whaaat. Megabite? idgi.

    i'm also very jealous that you're bonding with the "Frenchies", because i only met a handful and never really clicked with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, well they're a wonderful group of people. We should plan on going to France and we could party with them. I think they would love you.

    Say megabite with a french pronunciation (megabeet, or something close to that), and ask your French teacher about it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. i get it. wow. i hope that's not literal, watford. ;)

    ReplyDelete