Thursday, April 8, 2010

Plans

2331 4-8-10

Today I felt like was spent mostly making plans. Most of the morning was spent just reading the news and talking with my father. Mother is traveling, dad’s looking over grandma while Dixie is over at Marisa’s taking care of the baby. Seems like things don’t change much when you’re gone until you’re actually back home and realize your no longer part of their daily lives. Part of it I guess.

Yierm’s birthday is on Saturday so we talked about what we’re going to do. Also Clement and I got her a little gift, which luckily took us to the store where I was able to get some honey and tea. Sadly I don’t really care for the tea I got, kind of a hit and miss thing. We’ve both found are selves to be highly critical of our own countries, a nice change of pace from the strong patriotism I find elsewhere in the world.

Yiyi and I also went out to dinner tonight; it was very good though she is still surprised by how “little” I eat. I even ate pig hoofs! We talked a lot about what was going on with her and the couple she’s trying to help. I taught her some of English’s more… interesting words to call the woman her friend is dating. She also got me reminiscing about my old girlfriends; I guess love really never dies the person for whom you loved just changes (as do we all). I feel pretty fortunate that thus far I really haven’t had any “bad” relationships, maybe one I regret a little bit but even that wasn’t terrible. I also learned to count in Chinese, up to 10. Whoo!

Anyways I’m off to bed; meeting has been scheduled for 10am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment