Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Slept In

2347 4-14-10

I actually slept in today, like till 10:30am. It’s been a very long time since this has happened, I blame it mostly on the weather which was suddenly even colder then it was yesterday. Shanghai it’s mid-April feel free to start warming up.

Work was ok; sadly I found a piece of data that I had missed which eliminated one of our potential markets. Luckily the data I found reconfirms are current business model, but I wish I had caught it sooner. I guess it’s better late than never, and better that I caught as oppose to someone else.

I watched Beowulf today, fairly good movie, though I think the animation was just a little odd, and honestly not as good as I expected. Maybe watching it on a laptop didn’t do the movie any favors but I still expected better. I do want to go back and actually read the book now, seems like it would be a pretty good read.

Let’s see, o yes just came back from the Shanghai World Financial Center where we shared drinks with the French student’s intern / study abroad coordinator and her husband. I chatted up the husband for awhile because he runs several teams throughout the world as a project director. Sadly I got caught up in leaving and forgot to exchange business cards which is odd since that’s usually something I always do. Looking in my wallet I now realize I in fact didn’t have any business cards anyways. His business is in medical diagnostic machines… just fyi.

I also met a new Chinese friend named Chen Liang (which means his family name is Chen and his personal name in Liang). He was pretty cool, his English was alright, and since he has a lot of free time cause he hasn’t been able to find a job he offered to go with me when I’m out exploring Shanghai. I’m actually really excited about this because there are several things I need to do that having someone that spoke fluent Chinese would make a lot smoother. Buying Yiyi’s wedding present and getting a hair cut would be the two that come to the top of my head.

And I broke the top of my hookah this afternoon, it was resting on a rack in my bathroom and I accidentally knocked into it which cause the clay top to go crashing to the ground. I guess this gives me another quest to go on. Hopefully it’ll be cheaper than the hookah and tobacco itself.  If all else fails you can actually use common fruit to make this bowl, and it actually works very well and gives the tobacco an even better taste.

They look like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment