Friday, May 21, 2010

Presentation Review and Dinner with Leo and Co

2240 5-21-10

First off let me just say that I've uploaded some photos of my Trip to Southern China, though only some of the highlights, here: http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/skal42/China/Trip%20to%20Southern%20China/

I was replaced at work today.  My spot had been taken by a prettier female version of… well not quite me, but human none the less, named Betty.  Anyways it actually worked in my favor because now I get to sit in a quieter part of the office with a view of the river.  I think I'm going to consider this a promotion.

At work it was mainly about this Presentation I've been working on.  We looked at it, reviewed it, set new goals ect.  Basically I'm heading in the right direction but they want some other things added to it.  Oh and as I was walking out Niko suddenly popped his head up and asked if I could have it finished by the 31st because they have a client coming in and they want to use it on them… super.

For dinner I met up with Leo and a colleague of his (yes I forgot her name, sue me, I remember her surname was Wang though) and we went to a restaurant at Raffles City.  We were then joined by his older sister (never found out her name I swear).  They were a lot of fun to hang out with and we talked a lot about American culture, apparently Elvis is known as the Cat King.  They also explained that the literal translation for my name.

王凯文 = Wang Kaiwen = King Victory Culture (though the last one can mean other various things as well, culture is the most common reference)

I like it well enough, though I wish my last name "Wang" was not so common.  Oh well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment