Friday, May 28, 2010

Wrapped up the Company Intro and PPP for IBE Presentation

2031 5-28-10

I forgot my headphones today, never good start to the day.  Basically that means I got to listen to people talking, cell phones ringing, and mechanical beeping for the entire day.  Not really helpful when trying to working, but hey I guess overall it wasn't too bad.

Company Intro got "done" today.  More like I got it 95% of the way there and Niko wants to mull it over this weekend.  I am really glad I took the view Photoshop classes that I did, it's really helped when it comes to needing to create a quick graphic.  Nice to know that some classes I took in high school paid off.

I also spent a great deal of time coordinating with my presentation team, trying to get everyone to submit their parts in and all of that.  It would have been nice if people actually did it on time and if they turned in more than just strait copy and paste, but o well it came together.  Our PowerPoint  creator scared the crap out of me, right before I left work he e-mailed us the "finished" product and it was an absolute mess, on top of that what he did have for my strategic market entry was completely wrong.  So the whole way home I was fuming about this and wondering how best to handle the situation.  Should I just take it all on myself and completely redo it?  That sounded like a terrible suggestion merely for time restraint if nothing else, and it's not just be that will be presenting but four other additional people.  Or should I put pressure on him to correct it?  That seems kind of risky because he didn't do it right the first time, and I wanted to minimize group drama.  And remember we present this tomorrow morning.

Anyways so I sweated over this until I got my computer back online and found out he had sent us the wrong file that was a super early rough draft.  The finished product is actually quite good so my hopes for the presentation have been raised considerably.  Wish us luck.

It should be noted that you shouldn't put nutella in the fridge.  It hardens to the point of not being usable.  Oh well want heats back up it taste just fine again.  ^_^

I really like this article.  Though make sure you actually read the article, the title I think is a little bit misleading.  It's an important shift in US foreign policy and I think it's definitely heading in the right direction.

Nighty night.

1 comment: