Thursday, May 27, 2010

Market Entry for Borders in India and IBE 3

2203 5-27-10

Well today I focused on continuing my work on the Blue Bamboo presentation.  I also worked on the Market Entry slides for my team's presentation on Borders entering into the Indian market. 

Basically the plan consists of Borders entering the market through a web based approach specifically geared toward English Indian reading groups (which may mostly be expats but it's a start), college students, and amateur writers.  We then being opening up franchise stores and begin to use our partnership with one of our publishers to start self publishing Indian books by amateur Indian writers that we can sell exclusively in our stores.  The reason for this approach is because I want Borders to ingrain itself into the Indian culture of reading, I do not want it to be this big American corporation charging in, but a company that becomes part of the way India expresses itself and distributes content to its people.

Let's see… class was fairly uneventful, our teacher is having just as hard of time getting class participation as all of our former teachers.  For some odd reason I find this as a constant source of amusement and am laughing quite a lot during class.  He also likes to use videos which I find a nice way to break up the monotony of most classes but I'm afraid sometimes the speakers speak a little too fast for this non-native audience.  I also wish we could have an American teacher that gives us examples of Chinese companies and Chinese situations.

I'm also currently waging on online… "debate," on Newsvine.  Feel free to judge for yourself. The news is now a little stale but the comments section is still being carried by me and one other.  It's a lot to read but if you wish my screen name is Skal.  The comment #38 section on page 2 is the one I'm currently in, though I've made other comments as well.  Agree, disagree feel free to let me know I'll carry the debate on here as well though the internet connection makes it a little harder for me to respond.

Anyways, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment