Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Busy Day, IBE Class 2

2219 5-25-10

Ever get that weird aching pain in your side?  For some reason that's what I got right now and it's really uncomfortable.

Today at work I was pretty busy the whole day working with this presentation and also had a great high level business strategy meeting with Niko, which I really enjoyed.  I take that as a pretty good sign that I'm heading in the right direction career wise.  Oh so I also talked with this woman at work called Le Le.  She's the one that does that underlining thing with the power point presentations that drives me crazy.  Well that aside this was the first time I had actually spoken with her.  Man she opened her mouth and it was cuteness just slapped me right across the face.  She's like an adorable bunny in a small Asian form.  Some people have forthright "auras" and she has it.

Don't read too much into that, merely making a note of it.

Then after work I went to class.  Stopped along the way and picked up three beef sticks and two green bean sticks, guess how much I paid… a $1.  That's right, a $1.  Sanitation aside that is awesome!

So I was talking about to my professor before class about networking and he just happened to make this comment.  "Ya one of the hardest things to get my younger students to do is to carry their business cards around."  BAM!!! In his hands magically appeared one of my business cards.  Ahh victory is sweet. 

During class he taught us about SWOT analysis of a company which stands for Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats.  We also looked at market entry such as mergers, turn-key, franchise, e-Commerce, etc.  He also showed us one of my favorite TED videos by Glidewell called Spaghetti Sauce.  He also showed us this video which I think was super cool I think it really sums up the importance of the internet fairly well:

The Machine is Using Us

Clement also picked me up some Nutella when he was at the store today.  This stuff is super addictive.  I'm going to need to find me a store that sells this back state side.

Night.

1 comment:

  1. lol they sell nutella everywhere... HEB, wal-mart... you name it

    ReplyDelete