Thursday, June 3, 2010

Starting my IBE Essay

1950 6-3-10

Not really much to say for today.  I worked on the company introduction, cleaning it up, enhancing the graphics that kind of thing.  Washed my towels.  Watched some shows.  Played some games.  And I also started my IBE essay as well, just reading over the case question (rather long one at that) and mulling it over. 

Essentially the scenario is that I'm a consultant for a small medical company that makes medical equipment for laparoscopic surgeries and we're continuing our expansion into the international emerging markets.  The choices are Brazil, Russia, China, and India.  I'm leaning towards Brazil at the moment despite Latin Americas slow forecasted GDP growth.  Russia has corruption problems and India has massive bureaucracy both are hard things for a small non-native company to deal with.  That leaves China and Brazil and I have a feeling a lot of students are going to pick China.  I still need to review the stats and run some numbers but that's what I'm thinking for the moment.

That's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment