Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Life is Simple

2157 6-20-10

So listening to other people's problems has made me realize how simple I've made my life.  There aren't any skeletons in my closet (they usually chill in the hot tub), no love triangles, no weird midgets with meth problems that happen to have very awkward photos of me, and no complicated relationships.  In short I avoid complication like the cooties of old.

The name of the game today was applications.   I spent a lot of time cruising websites and submitting applications to a few companies.  Of course I probably should have realized that on all of these applications I have my cell phone number on them, and currently it's sitting turned off somewhere in my room.  I'll have to go back tonight and contact them and say to please put a note that I won't be able to answer my phone for another month or so.  Hopefully it won't be too big of a problem.

One company that I was really surprised that I started applying to was Luckeed Martin, which is a massive weapons and space development company for the government.  But they had a ton of financial analyst positions specifically for recent grads, and several of them even required top secret security clearance… which is kind of cool.  Though I never really ever pictured myself working for the government, but I guess it really doesn't matter much.

Anyways I'll be largely holding off on sending out any more out until I get back to Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment