Monday, June 14, 2010

Leadership Class 5 and Presentations

2143 6-14-10

In case you were paying attention there was a class 4 it just happened to be on the day that I skipped.

So today was one of those days consumed by our Leadership class.  We spent a great deal of time dealing with international cultural awareness which… well is exactly what we spent a lot of time in with all of our classes.  O well.  We also did our presentation, which was rather odd.  Our Chinese students in our group who were so worried about talk for four minutes ended up going on and on for like over 10 minutes each.  I was kind of impressed, though I started really worry about time constraints.

Let's see I also ate lunch with our teacher and her husband.  They helped give me some perspective on the whole "branding issue" and Dr. Bach gave me some specific help on my resume and cover letter.  In short she thinks I'm "unique" enough without needing to convert my cover letter to the new style.  She was kind enough to offer to meet with me on Wednesday to discuss the changes again, which means I going to spend most of Tuesday after class working on those two documents.  Currently I have 35 companies on my list; I'm already shuddering at personalizing each of these.  Mistakes tend to get made when you start churning out that many, so I'm going to have to really pace myself.

Ugh… let's see, ya nothing else.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment