Friday, July 9, 2010

Last Minute Projects


2246 7-9-10
Hmm so today was actually rather interesting at work.
I've now been asked to help document an employee's former projects who's about to leave the company.  On top of that HR has asked me to review documentation procedures that the company uses for their projects.  This is on top of the report that I'm doing for MagStripe Readers.  My last day is Friday.
Sadly I wish I could go into more details but I would soon be hitting that blurry line at the edge of divulging too much company business (needless to say one of my projects has but me at the cusp of a can of worms).  I did however have a nice long chat with Trent about the company's current operational procedures as well as his leadership style.  His general strategy in China is to state as few opinions as possible.  Trent has found that if he states an opinion, everyone will simply fall in line, but if he holds out and simply lays out various possibilities people will be much more willing to get around to expressing their opinions.  It just happens to be a longer process then Americans tend to be use to.
Oh I also got paid today.  Which makes today pay day, and pay day is always a yay day.
Anyways I've got to go, I need to make some calls to a few companies as part of this report I'm working on.
UPDATE:


I'm sorry I completely forgot to include this.  So a lot of people don't know anything about Hendrix College, much less Conway, AR.  But recently we had a Mr. Honeycutt run for the local school board, and I think he's a pretty good embodiment of what you'll find there.  ...  Enjoy  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMRWNNBYAc8

No comments:

Post a Comment