Monday, July 19, 2010

Dad Arrives


11:34 7-20-10 (for 19th)
Well pappy arrived today.  I decided to check into the hotel early to make sure I could easily find it when dad arrived and also so I didn't have to carry my luggage all the way to Pudong.  The Hilton itself is pretty nice, not to mention the fact that we got a free upgrade up to an Executive Room.  Pretty damn spiffy if you ask me.
Anyways the train out to Pudong Airport actually took an extra 40 minutes then I had expected which ended up being a total travel time of an hour and half.  On top of that Dad's plane was 30min early.  Luckily I still had about 20min to kill before his plane touched down, and an additional 40min before he actually got out of customs.
Dad said the flight sucked because he couldn't sleep and his butt just couldn't handle the sitting for so long.  Other than that there weren't any complications.
He was tuckered out but that didn't stop us from heading down to the French concession and grabbing some Mexican food.  I figured I would ease him into the whole China thing with a comfy room and familiar food.  Right now I'm waiting to get on the plan for Beijing and once there it'll be a totally different experience.
After dinner, we took a little bit of time to walk around the French concession which was nice, and even popped into G+ which was oddly empty.  I guess at 21:30 on a Monday, the party hasn't really started.  After that we headed back to the Hilton where Dad pretty much immediately crashed, and I followed soon after.  The beds were extremely squishy which after lying on a board for five months meant I had a little trouble getting used to it… but not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment